First Presbyterian Church believes that mission is crucial to the life of the church. As believers, we are called to actively spread God’s words and love to make a positive difference in the world, whether it be our loved ones, or strangers from another country. First Presbyterian actively supports local, state, national and international missions.
2021 Missionary and Special Group Support Highlights
- One Mission Society – Missionaries Jonathan and Corinne Long English Camp and mission work in Hungary
- CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ) – Missionaries Zach and Kiley Hanje working with university students in NYC
- Last Bell Ministries Ukraine – Directors Andrey and Oksana Pankyyeyev and Lena Voznyuk working with orphaned graduates and their families in Zhytomyr Ukraine. Our donations and winter coat drive helps support the young adults at the Day Center, Women’s and Children’s Center, and English Camps scheduled to resume in 2022
- On June 4th, 2021 we joined a partnership with FeedingTeam.org becoming the 23rd location for the little yellow food pantries located all over Hamilton County. Our congregation, youth group and mission team shop and keep our pantry stocked to serve needy neighbors of First Presbyterian Church.
- Christian Legal Clinic was inactive this year due to pandemic but is scheduled to reopen in 2022 to assist anyone needing free legal advice.
- Dorca’s Basket – Bible school supplies for children in the Dominican Republic
- Horizon House Indianapolis – Men’s clothing and winter coat donations, hopefully, volunteer activities will resume in 2022 for anyone interested in participating see Sue Jourdan
- Special offering & collections – Camp Pyoca, Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child Shoe Box ministries, Second Helpings Indy, Good Samaritan Network, Third Phase, Children’s Christmas Joy offering, and FeedingTeam.org of Hamilton County.
Our main fundraiser, the Red Geranium Artisan Market, is held each August on the third Saturday of the month. We host an indoor and open-air market featuring 50 different artisan vendors who create hand-made and one of a kind items including antiques, collectables, fine art, re-purposed, up-cycled items, garden art, mosaics, leatherwork, and unique jewelry designs. fiber, glass and wood crafts, boutique clothing, kids clothing and accessories, fresh flowers, food and yummy baked goods. Our market is free to the public and pet friendly. The 7th annual market will be Aug. 20th from 9:00am – 3:00pm. Artisans interested in joining us should visit https://www.facebook.com/RedGeraniumMarket or contact email@example.com