Serve Noblesville is coming into its 11th year of “connecting compassionate neighbors.” We do that by hosting events that draw people together, build strong communities, and create pride and engagement. Last year when we celebrated our 10th anniversary, we hosted over 100 projects mobilizing 1,000 volunteers over 4 days.
As a faith-based organization, Serve Noblesville provides a great conduit for local churches to unite and serve together. Here are ways that you and your congregations could be involved this year:
Come Together Week – May 25-31 – is a grassroots, organic community movement that encourages our community to connect with our neighbors through a variety of ways designed to inspire belonging and respect for one another.
It’s EASY! It’s FUN! And it’s over Memorial Day Weekend anyway, so you may be doing some of these things anyway – we just encourage you to share your fun with us and others on our social media!
Additionally, this year we’re even going to help groups throw their Come Together Party or Event by picking 4 events that we’ll reimburse up to $100. So be sure to submit your event idea.
Serve Week – June 21-25 – is our main event of the community coming together to serve one another. Volunteer projects run the gamut from individual home repairs to whole neighborhood cleanup, from sweeping the county’s courthouse square to restoring historic brick sidewalks, from yard beautification to home repair.
There are multiple ways that your churches can get involved:
- Serve as a Group – bring a team or multiple teams to come to serve and volunteer in a project of your choice, on the day and time that is best for you.
- Host a Project – Do you have some projects that need to be done at your church building or property? Do you have members of your congregation that could use some help with projects at their house? Submit those to us for consideration. We’ll consider and do any project that we can pull the resources together to do.
- Help us Lead – Empower your church members to come to lead our projects and volunteers. Our church partners always provide some of the best Project Leaders because they guide and direct with compassion and kindness, helping to make a memorable and fun experience for our community.
- Be a Sponsor – You can sponsor a project for as little as $250 each. Of course, every donation counts! So whether you donate $5, $10, or more your donation goes into making a difference as it connects our communities in multiple ways.
We love having our local churches involved and engaged with Serve Noblesville. Here’s a list of some of the churches that have been involved in the past:
- Bethel Lutheran Church
- Bethel AME Church
- Emmanuel UMC
- Faith Comunity Church
- First Christian Church
- First Presbyterian Church
- Genesis Church
- Grace Church
- Green Valley Church of Christ
- Living Branch Church
- The Mill
- Noblesville First United Methodist
- Our Lady of Grace
- Restoration Church
- Roots of LIfe
- White River Chrisitan Church
- White Rock Fellowship
We’d love your church to be involved in some way.
How can we help make that happen?